Birky's is excited to unveil the Piggies & Cream wagon. It isn't quite finished yet, but its getting close! We will be bringing our delicious pork sandwiches and homemade ice cream to the following events. Stop in and see us!
* St Joe County Fair: June 27 - July 4
* LaPorte County Fair: July 6 - July 12
* South Shore Air show: July 10 - July 13 (no ice cream) at Fair Oaks Farm
* Porter County Fair: July 17 - July 26 (no ice cream)
* Lake County Fair: August 1 - August 9
* Blueberry Fest: August 29 - August 31
We have added lots of new products in our Country Market & Bakery
- We also have Miller all natural poultry!
- And we also now have fresh, local asparagus in....tasty!
Be sure to get your Birky grilling meats at the Market & Bakery too.
New muffins on the horizon along with a lot of other great treats soon!
South County Love Your Neighborhood events:
- The Taste Of South County will be held in downtown Kouts on June 28 from 4-7 PM...more details to follow.
- The BBQ Cook-off and Blueberry Pie Baking contest will be on September 21 from 3-6 PM. This year we are adding a BBQ Sauce, coleslaw, and BBQ rib competition. Check out www.BirkyFarms.com for more details.
Greetings From Chris
" Doubtful "
I had a lot of relearning to do this week. Have you ever had one of those moments, days, weeks, months, years or seasons when you found yourself saying 'what else can go wrong?' Probably a silly question to ask because I am pretty sure we all have. It is not hard to get overwhelmed when we look at world situations, our leaders, the way people treat each other, or even our day to day struggles. What I had to relearn is how to step backwards and raise my chin.
I should know better, but must be a very slow learner. If I find myself discouraged or overwhelmed or even doubtful it is my own fault. I have allowed my self to stand way to close to whatever it may be that is getting to me and made it bigger than it really is. It isn't until I take a step back and lift up my chin and see it from the true perspective that I begin to overcome. Until I get myself to see just how HUGE God is and that nothing is too difficult or hard or impossible for Him, I will continue to walk in doubt and fear and have a feeling of being overwhelmed.
'Is my arm too short?' God asked Moses when Moses doubted God could feed all the grumbling people. Well, unfortunately, God had to ask me the same question last week. 'Is my arm too short for you Chris?' NO it's not! I leave you with this charge from Paul in the Bible. Ephesians 3:20-21, 'Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!" Take a step back today and lift up your chin and allow God to dwarf the so-called giants in your life! "My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY, there's NOTHING my GOD cannot do!"